Standard Trade Practices of the Auto Recycling Industry and Fenix Parts, Inc. (“Seller”)
Warranties – Standard – Six (6) month. Thirty-six (36) month Signature & Premium Protection Plans are available for an additional cost. Labor reimbursement protection is available only with the Signature & Premium Protection Plans. Labor is NOT covered by the standard 6 month warranty (EVEN IF THE PART IS DEFECTIVE UPON INITIAL INSTALLATION). If a suitable replacement part cannot be found, the seller reserves the right to issue the buyer a refund. See our website for details.
Approval of Repairs and Warranty – All replacement parts and repairs must be approved by Seller before any work is performed; failure to do so will void the warranty. It is the Seller’s option to provide the necessary labor to replace or reinstall defective parts. All such warranty work must be performed by the Seller or by an Authorized Agent of the Seller. DO NOT REMOVE INSTALLED PARTS SUCH AS ENGINES AND TRANSMISSION WITHOUT RECEIVING PERMISSION FROM THE SELLER. Doing so may void your warranty.
Labor Protection – Seller will provide limited labor protection (as dictated by protection plan purchased & indicated on the invoice and our website) from the date of original purchase. Labor reimbursement will be in accordance with the original installation hourly rate and labor hours incurred, and not to exceed the applicable hours scheduled for the work performed as published in the ALLDATA labor specifications. Labor reimbursement shall not exceed $1,000.00 per warranty purchased.
Void – All warranties are null and void if: The vehicle is converted from private passenger use to commercial or fleet use, or is used for racing, or off road recreational purposes. Failure is caused by abuse, misuse, or modifications. Failure is caused by any use other than what was intended by the manufacturer. The part fails or becomes defective as a result of the vehicle’s involvement in a collision. The installed heat tab center is melted or removed.
Engines – Seller warranties the long block and its internal lubricated parts ONLY. Engine warranties are limited to manufacturing defects in the block, heads, pistons, crankshafts, camshafts, rockers, and oil pumps. Bolt-on accessories including but not limited to belts, hoses, water pumps, manifolds, switches, wiring, and sensors are NOT guaranteed. If an engine sold by Seller under warranty fails to operate, liability shall be limited to the replacement of the part or a remedy not to exceed the price paid for the part, at the Seller’s option. The buyer hereby acknowledges that due to the nature of used auto parts, any liability of the Seller from ALL causes shall be limited to the price paid for the goods sold or provided. We want you to have excellent results with your quality used or remanufactured engine or transmission so it is vital that the following items are completed;
(failure to do so will void your warranty!).
- Inspect all gaskets and seals. Replace if necessary.
- Turn-over engine crankshaft at least 2 full 360° degree turns BEFORE installation (720°). If this is not done, warranty is automatically voided.
- Replace the timing belts, tensioners, and components (Complete Timing Belt Kit). We do not warranty timing belts or their components. Timing chains need not be replaced.
- Install new water pump, new thermostat, new rear main seal, install all new belts and hoses (power steering, alternator, fan, radiator hoses, etc.), new air filter, new fuel filter, and install and gap new spark plugs.
- Change engine oil and replace oil filter. Change oil and filter again after 500 miles of driving.
- Add new anti-freeze/coolant. We don’t require, but highly recommend that you buy a new radiator, or take your old one to a professional radiator shop.
- Engine MUST be installed within 30 days from date of delivery or Warranty is VOID.
- After install, change oil at proper intervals in accordance with vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines or no less than every 3,500 miles (receipts necessary).
- All Chrysler 3.7L, 4.7L, 5.7L Requirements: DO NOT reuse the intake from your defective engine!!!! If we leave the intake manifold on the replacement
engine, it is guaranteed to be good, but not to be correct for your engine. Per Chrysler Bulletin, any engines that have a mechanical failure, and need a replacement engine, MUST have a NEW intake installed with replacement engine. * Failure caused when customer uses their original intake will void your warranty.
- Diesel engines are guaranteed for internal hard parts. We do not guarantee EGR coolers, oil coolers, high volume oil pumps or electrical components that are bolted onto the diesel engine. Injectors and injector pumps may be left on engine, but are in no way covered by this or any other guarantee.
- Automatic – Replace the following with NEW PARTS: front pump seal, output shaft seal(s), pan gasket, and filter (where applicable, if no filter exists, screen must be cleaned thoroughly).
- Manual – Replace the following with NEW PARTS: external seals, clutch, pressure plate, release bearing.
- Replace or flush cooler and lines in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines, including any current Technical Service Bulletins that apply.
- Fill transmission/transaxle to proper level using correct fluids in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Reset computer codes.
- Adjust shifter mechanisms.
- After install, change transmission fluid at proper intervals in accordance with vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines. (save receipts/invoices).
**** In the event of a claim, you MUST provide dated paperwork proving the above items were completed. NO PAPER WORK, NO WARRANTY, NO EXCEPTIONS****
Core Deposit – Exchange Parts must be turned in at the time of purchase, or a core deposit will be generated. A core refund will be issued if the core is RETURNED within 30 days of the invoice date. Cores returned un-drained are subject to a $50 fluid disposal fee.
Refund or Exchange Policy – You may return a part for a refund or exchange within thirty (30) days from delivery date, provided that the part has not beeninstalled and is returned in the same condition as provided to you.
Restocking Charge – Returned parts are subject to 25% restocking/handling fee, not to exceed $300 Returned checks- Subject to a $30 service fee and other collections cost incurred in collecting this debt.
Limited Liability – Seller has no responsibility for improper installation or usage after time of purchase. Seller is not liable for and purchaser waives all claims for consequential damages which result from the sale of above parts including, but not limited to, labor charges to install or remove the parts, loss of income, wages, salary, or car rental charges. Buyer’s sole remedy against seller shall be a return of the price on the front side of this invoice or an exchange of a replacement part. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description on the face hereof.